Today, in highly competitive global economic arena, most companies manufacture without taking of the note of environmental concerns. That results in creation of different ISO certifications, including R2 Certification. This is given to organizations which have the capacity to turn e-waste into something useful.
R2 Certification means Responsible Recycling (“R2”) certification for Use in Accredited Certification Programs for Electronics Recyclers. It’s a company level certification based on R2 standards, requiring the certified companies to have a policy on managing, reuse and recycling of end-of-life electronics equipment, components and materials.
The Importance of R2 Certification
The certification is provided for different stages of accomplishment of recycling, having mastered the art of implementing proper ways and different techniques of recycling. As a leading R2 certified company in Bangalore, Virogreen is successful in implementing different R2 certification strategies and techniques, giving rise to the increase in profit and subsequently reducing administration costs.
R2 Certification Standards
The following are the key practice points of the R2 standard:
- Implementing Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Management System
- Conducting EHS risk assessment
- Formulate a strategy for the Reuse, Recover and Dispose policy
- Identification of relevant legal compliance
- Identification of the reusable materials
- Identification of focus materials like Poly chlorinated Biphenyl and Poly Brominated Di-phenyl Ether
- Implementing of a tracking system
- Demonstration of Data Destruction system
- Ensuring a Storage system
- Making sure a Secured Facility
- Transport system
- Insurance, Closure plan and Financial Responsibility